Arthritis is one of the most common diseases that mostly can be observed on the joints. Patients mostly experience stiffness, pain, inflammation and swelling in their joints. The condition worsens if no proper action is being taken within the given time. Since there are different kinds of pain and types of arthritis in the knees, people need to understand the symptoms and treat them accordingly.
What are the types of arthritis?
Generally, the thinning of cartilage present in knee joints results in arthritis. This mainly happens due to wear and tear over time. There are different kinds of arthritis. Some of the major types include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune characterised by excessive inflammation, affecting the different parts of your body, including your joints.
- Osteoarthritis is one of the most common ones that is mainly seen with age. This is the degenerative condition that wears down the condition of joint cartilage and tends to become common with growing age.
- Post-trauma arthritis is a condition that is developed after a knee injury like ligament injury, fracture or torn meniscus.
What are the symptoms?
One of the most common ones is knee pain which tends to develop gradually over time. Some of the other symptoms include:
- Swelling after doing excessive activities
- Stiffness while bending
- Pain gets bad
- Sensation on the joints
How to treat?
There are lots of ways to treat arthritis in the knees.
- The non-surgical process is initially applied to treat the condition
- Surgical is the last choice if the patients do not show signs of recovery during the non-surgical stage
With the qualified doctors we have onboard, and we try hard to treat our patients and help them recover to their original condition.
To learn more about this condition and our capabilities to assist, speak to our practice at +65 6734 8168 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org