Human’s knee joint consist of the lateral and medial meniscus. These are the cartilage tissues that perform the function of a shock absorber in your knee joint. This is a crucial thing in your body responsible for the uniform distribution of body weight while running and walking. However, there are times when it might get torn partially or fully. This is when you need to pay attention to it.
What results in meniscus injury and tear?
- Any forceful twist made on the knee, especially when you are in the weight-bearing position, can result in partially or fully tearing the meniscus.
- Some of the most common games by soccer and rugby players mostly experience the meniscus tear.
- It can also happen when you face minor injuries constantly on the cartilage.
- This does not fully heal when it gets torn due to not having a proper blood supply.
What are the symptoms?
The condition can be determined depending on the position and type of meniscus tear.
- You will observe the pain getting worse while weight-bearing, squatting and leg extension
- You will experience tenderness
- You will find swelling in the pain area after a day or two
- You will not be able to make a different motion
- You will experience difficulties while walking
How To Treat?
There is a range of therapies used by our doctors to make sure that you can feel relief. However, the treatment type depends on the condition that is done after a thorough diagnosis.
- Manual therapy
- Massage therapy
- Shockwave therapy
- Exercise therapy
Our treatment approach is different for different patients as it depends on the condition. However, you will be completely advised properly and educated about the condition before starting the treatment.
To learn more about this condition and our capabilities to assist, speak to our practice at +65 6734 8168 or send an email to email@example.com